Thursday, November 17, 2011

SPCA field trip

Walker's annual Shelter Night is coming up in December. My students are participating in Shelter Night by creating pieces of art. The art will be auctioned off during shelter night to raise funds for the SPCA. Earlier this month, I took a group of students the SPCA Tampa Bay to take reference photographs for our shelter night art projects. I wanted to give students an opportunity to bond with the animals, in hopes that it would give them a stronger sense of purpose when creating their benefit pieces. We had a wonderful time! I think my students made a few new furry friends during our time at the shelter. Here are some photos from our trip:





Tigger made a new best friend!






Jasper was my favorite. So cute!



I'm pretty sure these animals hit carrot overload after our visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment